2009 Reapercon Sophie

Home

I finally got my hands on one of the.  I and extremely grateful to "Greyhorde" on the Reaper discussion board for helping me secure one of these.  I've a lot planned for her as you can see below.  I hope it turns out well.  

This project was started on 6/20/09

On this one I plan to do a mini diorama and custom base with a bunch of extra details.

 

artsophpack.jpg (205432 bytes) sophbox.jpg (136361 bytes) sophiesize.jpg (133492 bytes) sophnoflash.jpg (156197 bytes) artsoph2.jpg (161947 bytes) artsoph1.jpg (111492 bytes) basebegin.jpg (186504 bytes) epoxy.jpg (169219 bytes) holefill.jpg (153112 bytes) sophietopping.jpg (115292 bytes)

Here's what she looks like when you get her, just pretend that I took the picture before I ripped the package open.

Package open, ready for flash removal and cleaning.

Here's a shot so you can get an idea of the her size.

Cleaned and ready for  ready for priming.

Primed and ready for paint.  The easel is put together.  I can't get over how small the trophy is and still has a lot of detail.

Smiling for the camera and ready for some paint.

For this project, I plan on using this stainless steel washer thingy for the base.  I'll be using Procreate sculpting epoxy to sculpt a cobblestone "floor" on the base.  I like the green stuff better, but I can't find my tube.

Cut off a couple of pieces of epoxy to mix and get started.

First thing to do is to fill the hole in the center.

Next, a layer of epoxy is put on top of the base and the mini's are put on the base to figure out there placement.  I put some glycerin on the bottom of Sophie and pushed her into the base to make a recess for her.

baselayout2.jpg (197732 bytes) basefinished.jpg (139817 bytes) sophieonbase.jpg (155288 bytes)

I kinda "sketched" the pattern that I wanted on the top of the base.

Using a piece of wire, I sculpted the cobblestones. to the right you can see Sophie's impression, to the left you can see the easel's spot.

Here's a shot with the two in place.  I see a couple of finger prints I need to fix.